Codes of Conduct for Spectators
- Remember the participants are taking part for their enjoyment not yours.
- They are not professional or international athletes.
- All spectators, on no account, must enter the field of play / activity unless authorised otherwise.
- Do not use foul, sexist or racist language or harass students, instructors, officials or volunteers.
- Condemn the use of violence and verbal abuse in all forms.
- Respect officials’ decisions. Remember they are only human with the same feelings as you and, like you, sometimes makes an honest error.
- Do not ridicule participants who make mistakes.
- Do not over‐emphasise the importance of winning.