Safeguarding Statement of Intent
The club is committed to good practices which protect children and adults at risk from harm. Staff and volunteers accept and recognise their responsibility to provide an environment which promotes their safety and protection at all times.
To achieve this:
To achieve this:
- The club and all staff will develop an awareness of the issues which may lead to children being harmed.
- The club and all staff will create an open environment by identifying a designated person to whom the children can turn to if they need to talk.
- The club and all staff will adopt child centred and democratic coaching styles.
- The club and all staff will adopt the BTC/T.A.G.B./NGB safeguarding policies and guidelines which include codes of conduct for members and all adults working with children at the club, including instructors, parents and volunteers.
- The club and all staff will have in place careful recruitment, selection and management procedures. These procedures will include regular support and supervision given to staff and volunteers.
- The club and all staff will ensure that complaints, grievances and disciplinary procedures are in place.
- The club and all staff will share information about concerns with children and parents and others who need to know.
- The club and all staff will provide information as required to the management committee
- The club and all staff will ensure good and safe working/playing practices
- The club and all staff will be involved in the training made available through the various agencies and strengthen our links with these agencies
- The club and all staff will uphold any changes within the BTC/T.A.G.B./NBG safeguarding polices and implement them with immediate effect
- The club and all staff will have procedures relating specifically to bullying, trips away from the club, transport within the realms of the club and the use of photography relating to the club.