Code of Conduct for Volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
- All volunteers must:
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants before the development of performance. Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
- Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
- Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results. Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour