Child Protection Policy
We are committed to good practice which protects children from harm. Staff and volunteers accept and recognise their responsibility to provide an environment which promotes the safety of the child at all times. To achieve this we will:
- Develop an awareness of the issues which may lead to children being harmed.
- Create an open environment by identifying a ‘Designated person’ to whom the children can turn to if they need to talk.
- Adopt child centred and democratic coaching styles.
- We have adopted the BTC / NGB Safeguarding policies guidelines which include codes of conduct for members and all adults working at the club. Adult workers include instructors, parents and volunteers.
- We will ensure careful recruitment, selection and management procedures.
- These procedures will include regular support & supervision is provided to staff / volunteers. Ensure complaints, grievance and disciplinary procedures are included in our constitution.
- Share information about concerns with children and parents and others who need to know.
- provide information as required to the management committee.
- Ensure good and safe working/playing practices. Be involved in training made available through the various agencies and strengthen links with these agencies.
- Uphold any changes within the BTC / NGB Safeguarding policies and implement them with immediate effect.
- Have procedures relating specifically to bullying, away trips, transport and use of photography.